Dr. Stephen R. Covey
October 24, 1932 – July 16, 2012
This week, we are re-posting a show we recorded back on July 14, 2009, with our good friend, the late, great, Dr. Stephen R. Covey. Dr. Covey died two years to the week after this show. His wisdom is timeless, and he lived his life, as he always taught, "in crescendo". He influenced millions of people, including world leaders, captains of industry, and movers and shakers in all walks of life. His ‘7 Habits’ brand continues to inspire, and will for generations to come. We were honored to have him as our special guest on that day, and he was very generous with his time, passion, and knowledge. Dr. Covey was very supportive of the Diabetes community through his valuable resource, 'The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People® with Diabetes'. He was a tremendous friend and inspiration to all of our team, as individuals, and to DiabetesPowerShow. For that, we are eternally thankful.
Click image to download a free PDF copy of 'The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People® with Diabetes'
About Stephen R. Covey
Recognized as one of Time magazine's 25 most influential Americans, Stephen R. Covey has dedicated his life to demonstrating how every person can truly control their destiny, with profound, yet straightforward guidance. As an internationally respected leadership authority, family expert, teacher, organizational consultant, and author, his advice has given insight to millions.
Some of Stephen R. Covey's milestones:
* Over 20 million books sold (in 38 languages)
* 'The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People' was named the #1 Most Influential Business Book of the Twentieth Century
* Authored four titles, with sales exceeding one million copies each: 'First Things First' , 'Principle-Centered Leadership', 'The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families', and 'The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People'
* Latest book, 'The 8th Habit' , has sold nearly 400,000 copies
* International Man of Peace Award
* National Fatherhood Award (father of 9, grandfather of 44)
* Author of the best-selling nonfiction audio in history ('The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People')
* No. 1 best-selling hardcover book on family ('The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families')
* MBA from Harvard, Doctorate Degree from Brigham Young University
* Board of Directors for the Points of Light Foundation
* Co-Founder and Vice Chairman of Franklin Covey, the leading global professional services firm, with offices in 123 countries
* International Entrepreneur of the Year Award
* Awarded eight Honorary Doctorate Degrees